Utilizing the inspirational skills of food educator Glenda Gourley and her teen daughter Claire, we will help your children cook a family meal each day of the program. Claire is the face of the program so she will guide your children through the activities.
There are lots of other kids on the program, so they are inspired and learn off each other. They make friends as they chat online, do the challenges, enter competitions and just have fun learning to cook. Activities encourage the children to share, contribute, be creative, create an occasion to eat together and do something nice for other people.
We know one-size doesn’t fit all - so there are a few options…
1. If you are a parent and grandparent with children under 14…
We will take you and your children on a know-how and show-how journey to become more food savvy and create some delicious family meals!
2. If you have kids over 14 who are quite independent…
We have a do-it-yourself option for kids to do solo, or with a friend. They use Claire as their ‘virtual’ tutor.
3. If you are working or just really busy…
We teach big kids to teach younger kids to cook. You may have an older child who wants to be a tutor or younger kids who need a cool school holiday activity. This is a bit more complicated but we have made it really easy for you. For more information on this option GO HERE.
No matter what option is best for you - check out 3 easy steps - and you will find out exactly what to expect!
What each day of the program looks like…
1.Each morning the kids log on to the MEMBERS PAGE of the program at 10am. We will have a new YouTube posted… this will include some foodie tips, some safety tips, news on what is happening with other kids and the challenges & competitions for the day. ( the You Tube will be up all day so they can refer back to it) All the challenges and competitions will be posted beneath the You Tube.
2. Your kids spend the day working through the challenges - this will take anything from a couple to four or five hours – depending on what and how much they decide to do. Most kids really get into it and do all the challenges so they are happily kept busy for most of the day.
3. Your kids cook your dinner. ( This will be part of the challenges)
4. Claire is on line for a chat at 2.30 each day this gives them time to have started on the challenges and get organized for dinner so Claire can answer any questions the kids have. The kids share photos of what they are doing – or what they have done! ( Whilst Claire is online for a live chat in the afternoons the kids can ask Claire questions at other times too – they might not be so instant in answer though- but won’t be more than half an hour)
4. Your kids enter the competitions as they complete them. These are all posted for other kids to see and comment on .
NOTE: we keep our YouTubes short and punchy to minimize your data download and encourage kids to upload/download when data is cheaper ( This is different for everyone and they will need to ask you about your plan)
Join us on the journey to get your kid food savvy!